Cosmetic crowns are a great way to treat broken, misshapen, or damaged teeth. From traumatic injuries to infections, a cosmetic crown can restore a dental issue and give a natural appearance to your tooth.
Dental Crowns: Understanding the Basics
Tulsa dentist Dr. Wrany Southard specializes in cosmetic crowns in Tulsa. Using advanced techniques, a specialized lab, and a comprehensive examination process, Southard Dental can provide affordable, beautiful and effective cosmetic crowns.
Once prepared, your existing tooth will act as an anchor for your new crown. The crown is bonded in place for permanent restoration. Functionally, it will cover treated damage or decay, but aesthetically it will be a perfect match to your natural teeth and bite, mimicking the original shape and color of the treated tooth.
In the past, gold was often used to create crowns due to its pliability. Today, ceramic and porcelain are much more common because these materials offer a more natural appearance while still being extremely durable.
Fitting and Placing Crowns
The process of fitting a crown begins with a thorough examination. At Southard Dental, Dr. Southard will examine your damaged tooth and take x-rays of your mouth. Your tooth will be cleaned and reshaped to prepare it for a crown, and a mold will be taken and sent to the laboratory, which will start producing your cosmetic crown.
Once your crown has been developed, you’ll come in for your fitting. The crown will be placed over your tooth to ensure a perfect fit, and then it will be permanently bonded into place with dental cement.
That’s it! The entire procedure is quick and easy, and it’s conducted under only local anesthesia.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Crowns
Cosmetic crowns have a wide variety of benefits:
- Restores Natural Appearance and Function of Teeth: This is certainly the most prominent benefit of a cosmetic crown from Southard Dental. Your new tooth will be indistinguishable from your natural teeth, providing you with totally instinctive function.
- Strengthens and Protects Teeth: A crown covers your entire tooth, so it can help prevent further damage.
- Durable and Long-Lasting: A properly installed crown will last for 15+ years, making it a great long-term cosmetic dentistry investment.
- Low Maintenance: Crowns require no special maintenance or care. Simply brush and floss normally.
- Stain Resistant: Porcelain and ceramic crowns are stain resistant, so you won’t have to worry about your new tooth becoming yellowed.
Cosmetic crowns from Southard Dental are durable, long-lasting, and affordable, making them a fantastic choice for restoring your smile.
Come To Southard Dental Today For Your Initial Consultation!
If you need veneers in Tulsa, Southard Dental is the best choice in the area! At Southard Dental, Dr. Southard’s single-doctor practice allows him to provide top-notch care, and become truly familiar with your oral health.
We love helping our patients achieve a perfect, healthy smile. With restorative dentistry and cosmetic dentistry options delivered in our relaxing and comfortable atmosphere, we treat you like you’re truly special – because you are!
Schedule your initial consultation today by calling us at (918) 294-1144, or come to our offices at 6333 S Memorial Dr, Tulsa, OK 74133. We would love to help you restore your natural smile, and help you enjoy the numerous benefits of high-quality veneers!